Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Invasion of Sibu Photographic Society members into Belawai KRajang

Big catch by the fishermen , after long hours at sea.


The kids rushed to the jetty to help their fathers with the catch.



Empty fuel drums were pushed ashore for refilling. At their age they are already showing good teamwork .

The kids like their photo taken. This time around , it seems that they knew our purpose of coming to Belawai. This is probably because our previous trips so any cameramen who will vist Belawai in the future will not have problem looking for their subjects.


In the early morning our shutterbuggers were already around to take pictures.(Time and tide waits for no photographer).



Mr Chiew left early that morning as he has to catch an important meeting in Sibu. So he missed our morning photoshot at the beach in Belawai.



We had 2 models wearing Melanau traditional dress, they were staff of the Kain Songket factory.








Moving on... the photo team roam around the kampung and never get to miss any shots. Our Martin Sia once mistaken as a Kelabit by our fellow photographer.














5 comments:

Bengbeng said...

love all these three posts

I Am Sarawakiana said...

Thanks. I have not seen Belawai since 1970!!Brought back a lot of memories to me.

Elena's said...

Hello Abana,
Elena here, yea, there's a whole lot of difference I can see here, I'm the one with words, you're the one with pictures. hehe. Nice sight you got here... you can always drop a comment at my site too... Do keep in touch aight. Awesome posts by the way. =)

abana said...

Beng Beng,Sarawakiana,Elena Lee..
I am glad that you all drop by my blog. Hope I can update more..the next time around.

Elena's said...

haha yea, looking forward to more updates here too.